HAZWOPER Information Requirements for Site Characterization [29 CFR 1910.120(c)(4)]
OSHA's Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) standard, 29 CFR 1910.120(c)(4) requires that the following information be obtained by the employer of employees who will be working at hazardous waste clean up sites covered by the HAZWOPER standard prior to allowing employees to enter a site.
This information must include the following:
- Location and approximate size of the site
- Description of the response activity and/or the job task to be performed
- Duration of the planned employee activity
- Site topography and accessibility by air and roads
- Safety and health hazards expected at the site
- Pathways for hazardous substance dispersion
- Present status and capabilities of emergency response teams that would provide assistance to on-site employees at the time of an emergency
- Hazardous substances and health hazards involved or expected at the site and their chemical and physical properties
To learn more about this and other safety requirements, attend Environmental Resource Center's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response 40-Hour Training (HAZWOPER), the OSHA 10-Hour Compliance Course, or the Environmental, Health, and Safety Laws and Regulations seminar.